New Ways in Teaching with Humor (New ways in TESOL) Paperback – October 18, 2016
by John Rucynski Jr (Author, Editor)
New Ways in Teaching With Humor explores the whole gamut of possibilities for using humor in English language teaching. Find ideas for beginning to advanced students, 5-minute activities to start a class on a humorous note to multiday projects, and silly English puns and jokes to activities for examining controversial social issues. Topics covered include: Humor and Language Development; Wordplay and Puns; Comics and Cartoons; Jokes and Joke Telling; Sitcoms and Movies; Internet Resources and Digital Literacy; and Parody, Satire, and Sarcasm.
What all these lessons have in common is that they all use humor to enhance the English learning experience and provide English language learners with the linguistic and cultural knowledge they need to become more pro cient users of the language. New Ways in Teaching With Humor not only shows the how of using humor in the English language classroom, but also the why.
- Series: New Ways in Tesol
- Paperback: 342 pages
- Publisher: TESOL Press (October 18, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1942799810
- ISBN-13: 978-1942799818
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 0.9 x 7.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,092,090 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)