Humor and Information Literacy: Practical Techniques for Library Instruction
by Joshua Vossler & Scott Sheidlower.
Learn how to successfully employ practical techniques that infuse information literacy instruction with humor.
- Dozens of practical examples of teaching information literacy using humor
- Contributions from more than 30 professional academic librarians who share their methods of teaching information literacy using humor
- A multidisciplinary bibliography reflecting humor in the fields of communication theory, education, library science, performance theory, and psychology
- A webliography of funny YouTube clips relevant to libraries and information literacy
About the Author
Joshua Vossler is information literacy and reference librarian at Coastal Carolina University, Conway, SC.
Scott Sheidlower is assistant professor in the library at The City University of New York, York College.
- Paperback: 145 pages
- Publisher: Libraries Unlimited (August 23, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1598845322
- ISBN-13: 978-1598845327
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 0.4 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces