Kajian Humor Indonesia dan Mancanegara
Because I Tell a Joke or Two: Comedy, Politics and Social Difference Paperback – 12 Feb 1998
by Stephen Wagg (Editor)
Because I Tell a Joke or Two explores the complex relationship between comedy and the social differences of class, region, age, gender, sexuality, ethnicity and nationhood. It shows how comedy has been used to sustain, challenge and to change power relationships in society. The contributors, who include Stephen Wagg, Mark Simpson, Stephen Small, Paul Wells and Frances Williams, offer readings of comedy genres, texts and performers in Britain, the United States and Australia. The collection also includes an interview with the comedian Jo Brand.
Topics addressed include:
* women in British comedies such as Butterflies and Fawlty Towers
* the life and times of Viz, from Billy the Fish to the Fat Slags
* queer readings of Morecambe and Wise, the male double act
* the Marx brothers and Jewish comedy in the United States
* black radical comedy in Britain
* The Golden Girls, Cheers, Friends and American society.
Paperback: 340 pages
Publisher: Routledge (12 Feb. 1998)
Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 2 x 22.9 cm
Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 430,440 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
By DD on 21 April 2012
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase
In excellent condition and arrived promptly. It’s obviously a sought after book because of it’s price which is its only downfall really. University texts books usually are which is a shame.